Thank you for your support of Farm Safety for Just Kids for the past 3 decades.
When Marilyn Adams founded Farm Safety for Just Kids, there were few resources for promoting the safety of youth in agriculture. Over the last three decades, the organization has created a vast library of educational materials, supported a wide array of farm safety and health research projects and developed other resources that continue to form the foundation of what has become a global movement to make agriculture safer for children. As a result, the ag industry has taken a more direct role in farm safety and health education. As agriculture has changed considerably since the organization was founded in 1987, the Board of Farm Safety for Just Kids believes that the mission of making agriculture safer for youth will be better served in the years ahead by combining our resources with those of the Progressive Agriculture Foundation and their Progressive Agriculture Safety Day® program. In short, Farm Safety for Just Kids has accomplished what Marilyn set out to do nearly 30 years ago by reaching XX people interested in children’s farm safety and national and international media.
So conceptually what does this mean:
- The Board of Farm Safety for Just Kids has voted to disband the organization.
- Farm Safety for Just Kids will donate $5,000 each to the National 4-H Council and the National FFA Organization, in recognition of their important advocacy for youth safety in agriculture.
- The remainder of Farm Safety for Just Kids’ assets will be donated to the Progressive Agriculture Foundation. Farm Safety for Just Kids will also donate its library of educational materials and other intellectual property to the Progressive Agriculture Foundation to remain free of charge to the public through the Progressive Agriculture Foundation.
- Farm Safety for Just Kids will stop accepting new donations from individuals and organizations effective July 25, 2016. We’re grateful to the many individuals and organizations who have supported Farm Safety for Just Kids through the years and will encourage our supporters to continue supporting the Progressive Agriculture Foundation and other organizations that are working to make agriculture safer for youth.
- Management of the 2016 Outreach Coordinator program administered by Farm Safety for Just Kids will be transferred to Progressive Agriculture Foundation administration.
Marilyn and the board of Farm Safety for Just Kids strongly believe that this move will further the mission that Marilyn, the staff and Board of Farm Safety for Just Kids set out to accomplish.
Any questions, can be directed to Marilyn Adams at Marilyn@iowamail.net or (515) 205-3455.